We gather the following types of information:
- Contact Information You Provide to Us: Such information may be submitted to us via the contact form on our website, email, phone call, social media, our mailing list signup form or any other medium. The types of information that we may collect includes your name, phone number, email addresses, website address, mailing address, social media usernames or any other contact information that you provide to us.
- Aggregated Tracking Information: We aggregate the behaviour of visitors to our website and social media channels in order to better provide content that is valuable to our visitors. We are able to see aggregated demographic information but are not able to see the identifying information of any individuals unless they publicly share our content in some way.
- Consumption of Emails We Send: When we send email newsletters to those people that have opted in to receive them, we track who opened these emails as well as who clicked on any of the links placed within the newsletter. We do this to measure what information our email newsletter recipients find valuable in hopes of providing the type of content that a recipient would like to see in the future.
- From Third Parties. If you have given your consent, we may collect information from third parties. For example, if you set up a fundraising page or give a donation through JustGiving to support our work or if you give a donation through GlobalGiving to support us, we may access your information to thank you and keep you updated about the project you supported.
- Information you put online Sometimes we gather information that people make available on places like Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. You can check these organisations’ privacy policies to make sure you’re happy with how they handle your data.
- Sensitive Information All of our online donations and online shop transactions are processed by third parties, namely JustGiving, GlobalGiving, Givology and PayPal. You can review their privacy policies on their websites.
We use this information to do the following:
- keep you up-to-date on news and stories about our work
- ask for financial support and non-financial support such as volunteering or prayer
- process donations you give us, or support your fundraising for us, including Gift Aid
- to send you items you have bought from us, for example, Turning Point Christmas Gifts.
- provide information that you have requested such as leaflets or promotional DVDs
- provide a personalised service, such as customised website content or personalised emails
- improve your browsing experience and use of the website
We do not share, sell or trade your contact information without your consent. We may use your contact information to communicate with you or send you content that you’ve requested, but we will not provide your information to anyone else without first obtaining permission directly from you in writing, on the phone or in person.
A cookie is a small text file passed to your computer, mobile phone or other device, through your web browser, so that the website remembers who you are when you return.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
By using our website and services, you’re agreeing to the policies outlined on this page.